The 57th Annual Labor Day Parade is Coming!
The parade will take place on Monday, September 3, 2018. The line-up will begin at 8:00 am, and the parade is scheduled to step off at 10:00 a.m.
We thank you for your past participation and look forward to having your group/organization join us again this year for what is promising to be another great event!
In an effort to streamline the parade and to ensure everyone’s safety, as well as following guidance from the Newtown Police, the parade committee has updated its rules and regulations. Please review them carefully and share them with your organization.
- No 18 wheel vehicles
- No more than 3 vehicles representing your organization. (Emergency Vehicles Excluded)
- Limit of 20 marchers (If many more; please put them in or on a float, truck, flatbed).
- No throwing of candy from moving vehicles.
- Please limit your routines at the Grandstands to 3 minutes
- Commercial entries are requested to make a donation in support of the parade. The suggested donation is $200.00 per vehicle; unless it is a creative float.
- There is no participation fee for schools; karate schools, dance schools, etc.
- The parade committee is seeking creativity from all our entrants, including businesses as judging and awards will be given.
The people of Newtown have spoken and it is with great pleasure we are proud to announce our Grand Marshal for this year’s 57th Annual Newtown Labor Day Parade, Ms. Eunice Laverty longtime owner of BAGEL DELIGHT also known to many as pleasant, kind, caring, welcoming “Gem of a Women” and so much more.
Ms. Laverty starts each day (Including Christmas) at 5:00 a.m., opening her shop and preparing for the morning rush of steady customers who will flock to the aromas of fresh bagels, homemade salads, and the best-tasting lox this side of the US throughout the day.
A retired Social worker Eunice has been operating Bagel Delight for 22 years. She is a supporter of multiple organizations and town events. Selfless and giving from her heart, she is a humble woman, to anyone with whom she comes in contact. Ms. Laverty is also a huge supporter of our community. Aligning with Ms. Laverty’s dedication to Newtown, our theme for this years Parade will be “Serving the Community” It is a fitting tribute to Ms. Laverty’s hard work and dedication. (Just ask the kids at Newtown at Middle School)
Labor Day Parade Committee