The 61st Annual Labor Day Parade is Coming!
The parade will take place on Monday, September 4, 2023. The line-up will begin at 8:00 am, and the parade is scheduled to step off at 10:00 a.m.
We thank you for your past participation and look forward to having your group/organization join us again this year for what is promising to be another great event!
Please complete the form below, or download and return the application to the address provided below no later than August 10, 2022.
Checks should be made payable and sent to Newtown Labor Day Parade, Inc. PO Box 746 • Newtown CT 06470.
In an effort to streamline the parade and to ensure everyone’s safety, as well as following guidance from the Newtown Police, the parade committee has updated its rules and regulations. Please review them carefully and share them with your organization.
- No 18 wheel vehicles
- No more than 3 vehicles representing your organization. (Emergency Vehicles Excluded)
- Limit of 20 marchers (If many more; please put them in or on a float, truck, flatbed).
- No throwing of candy from moving vehicles.
- Please limit your routines at the Grandstands to 3 minutes
- Commercial entries are requested to make a donation in support of the parade. The suggested donation is $200.00 per vehicle; unless it is a creative float.
- There is no participation fee for schools; karate schools, dance schools, etc.
- The parade committee is seeking creativity from all our entrants, including businesses as judging and awards will be given.
The Newtown Labor Day Parade Committee is pleased to announce the 2023 Grand Marshal for the 61st Annual Newtown Labor Day Parade, Monsignor Weiss Pastor at St. Rose of Lima Church right here in Newtown! Monsignor has been on his pastoral journey for 50 years, having recently celebrated his ordination and in Newtown for the past 27 years. He is a pillar of strength to all in our community and beyond.
These are only a few reasons why we consider Monsignor Weiss “Deeply Rooted in our Community”
The Labor Day Parade Committee